Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Intentional Acts of Kindness


Earlier today I posted a quote on my Facebook page about 

kindness.  {See link in upper right hand corner}

Then after thinking about that word for quite a while, I 

remembered that just over a month ago, I had received a gift.


That gift was a Christmas ornament with the word 

kindness written on it. 


I think God is trying to tell me something….maybe…just maybe...

 ____________________________________________

I thought I had that word conquered.  I actually would think to myself, “Hey, that one’s easy. Why would God want me to focus on being kind when I’m so good at it?”
____________________________________________

So now, I’m writing this with a new perspective on humility. 

I’ve realized that I need to be more kind. 

Not just more kind.

Not just random acts of kindness, no, that’s easy.

_____________________________________________


I need to have intentional acts of kindness.

_____________________________________________


It’s easy to be randomly kind to a stranger, holding the door for them.  Giving a smile.  Maybe even lending them change at the store register.

It’s much harder to think of ways to be kind in advance to people whom you interact with on a regular basis.

Your spouse, your children, your parents, your in-laws, your co-workers, your staff, your neighbors.


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, 

forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 

gentleness and self-control. Against such 

things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23


-Whew! Good thing God is asking me to focus right now on only ONE part of that fruit!  I think I have a lot of work ahead of me!

What area is God asking you to focus on?  Be intentional about it and see what happens! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of being intentional with our kindness. We are called to love each other. If we are not at least kind, how can we really love each other. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ar so right! "If we are not at least kind, how can we really love each other."(Sorry for the late response, I've been having some technical difficulties with my blog lately!) Thank you for your comments!

      Delete

Website:

www.pathoftheblessing.com