Thursday, September 6, 2012

Notes from God


No matter how many times I tell myself that I don’t care what other people say, words still hurt; I still hurt.  It’s not that I need the approval of others, but the people that I hold close have the opportunity to speak into my life and when I feel I’ve disappointed someone, thoughts of failure tend to rush in.  I know that those thoughts of failure and disappointment are a lie.  I know that in my Heavenly Father’s eyes I am a success….so why is it so hard for me to overcome the emotional uprising within?

 So I set myself up on a project to distract from the mental battle of failure; cleaning out my bookcase.  As I opened up books, considering whether or not they were worth keeping, my gaze caught underlined and highlighted sentences.  God was speaking right to me today.  (The second one was a little card stuck inside one of the books I had found)


Here’s the exact order I read my Notes from God:

1) “Growth comes when you have to overlook an insult, forgive a wrong, and do the right thing even when the wrong thing is happening.” –Joel Osteen, “It’s Your Time”

2) Expect a Miracle “Treasure this day, and treasure yourself.  Truly, neither will ever happen again.” –Ray Bradbury

3) “Never forget who you are –strong, majestic, fearless, fierce, protective, at rest, and unworried.” –Lisa Bevere, “Lioness Arising”

4) “God wants me to see that it was not the thing that the person did that matters, but my reaction to it.” –Roy Hession, “The Calvary Road”


  So what exactly is God saying to me today? I hear God saying, He loves me, I’m not a disappointment, I’m not a failure and that He has confidence in me. That is exactly what I needed to hear from Him today.

What is God saying to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website:

www.pathoftheblessing.com