Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The "Tell Me About Yourself" Blog Award

Blog_Award.jpg
The Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Reveal seven things about yourself.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers.  Leave a comment on each blog, telling them that you've nominated them for this award.

Thank you to Gwen from Gwendolyn Gage ~ Serving Through Words for nominating my blog for this award! (and I might add, what a fun way to promote each other!)  Gwendolyn is a Christian writer who is bold in her faith and one of the most encouraging bloggers to comment on my blog site.  (Check out her site at the link at the start of this paragraph!)

Seven Things About Me:
1. I love to study the Word
2. I have been married for 18 years
3. I have two girls who love Jesus
4. I have a crazy dog who looks cute and fluffy, but wants to bite EVERYONE except her family
5. I can't stand green beans and meatloaf
6. The name Raven-Haired Girl came from a comment a friend made a few years ago.  -I got pooped on by crows twice within a few months!!  Once at the zoo on a field trip and once coming out of church!!  My friend said that the crows must love my raven-hair and somehow take it as a compliment! LOL! So that's where the blog name came from!
7. I dream about moving to a sunnier state (California to be exact)...just waiting on the Lord's timing.

My List of Award-Worthy Bloggers (in no particular order):
 The Gypsy Mama
 BRIANAABY.COM 
Christian Women Writers
Faithful Bloggers
Internet Cafe Devotions
Kindred Spirit Mommy
Messenger International
My Destiny Sharing Hope
Gwendolyn Gage ~ Serving Th...
Rejoicing Our Hearts
Linda Clare's Writer's Tips
mrs. mommy aaby
She's Bookin'
~Sorry, but all I can recommend is 13 blogs! Oh well, if you are able to list 15 then go for it! ;)


If you are one of the 13 blogs I nominated and would like to pass it on, copy the blog award to a post, reveal 7 things about yourself, and pass this award on to 15 other bloggers of your choice.  Congrats!

1 comment:

  1. I love the story about your blog name! It had me laughing! And "Raven-Haired Girl" is a cool blog name, btw! California is beautiful. I visited Monteray back in 2002. It was the first and only time I've ever had to parallel park.

    Thanks for the great introduction! And it blesses me to hear that my comments are so encouraging to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Website:

www.pathoftheblessing.com