Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fighting God



Acts 5:38-39 “…If their plans and actions are only human, they will fail. 39 But if their plans come from God, you won't be able to stop these men. You will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Do you ever feel like you are fighting against God?  These men that are having this discussion are talking about the disciples or followers of Christ.  The religious authorities of that day want to stop these followers from promoting their beliefs, that Jesus is our Savior.  One of those religious men, by the name of Gamaliel, stands up and gives this speech (the verse above).  Noting that if these disciples   –But if they are living out life God’s way; following God’s plans, then they will succeed!
or followers of Christ are living life their own way; by their own plans, they will fail.

Isn’t it interesting that when we fight against what God’s plans are, we are really fighting against God?

Here is a journal entry from March 3,2009.  It was my prayer, and it will continue to be my prayer:

Lord, Let my purposes and activities be from you and not of my own will.  Reveal to me the areas of my life that are fighting against you so that I will be able to be used to the immeasurable amount that you will.

I know I don’t want to be fighting against God and His plans for my life.  How about you?  Is there an area of your life that you feel yourself fighting to go your own way instead of the way that God is leading you?  Take a moment and pray about that, then start off in the right direction following God’s plans for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website:

www.pathoftheblessing.com